Thursday, December 15, 2005

Donny Mac

Less than 11 months ago, Donovan McNabb was on top of the world. He had led his team to the Super Bowl in a town where football is king, and he had done it without his star receiver. He owned Philly! Since then, he got tired in the Super Bowl, had to endure the T.O. fiasco on the field, got a sports hernia (whatever that is) in the first half of the first game of the season, tried to play through pain and stunk, and now, to top things off, evidently after lengthy consultation with Rush Limbaugh, he is being called out for playing the race card by Philadelphia NAACP leader J. Whyatt Mondesire. I mean is this guy T.O.'s cousin? What is going on here? Perhaps Donny, as Mondesire refers to him, should talk to Kurt Warner about how to cope with things after your deal with the devil expires. I guess Mondesire is trying to say that McNabb hates African Americans because his play on the field is trying to distance himself from stereotypes associated with this race. This is so ridiculous, my only takeaway from this is that Mondesire is more desperate for attention than Michael Bamberger, the moron reporter frmo Sports Illustrated who waited a day before exposing Michelle Wie's possible infraction. As Eagle fans, we can only hope McNabb re-ups his deal with the devil in the offseason so we can get back to falling just short in the champinoship chase!

One additional note: Wednesday is a terrible tv night. I watched the NBA (you know how much I love the NBA) for about 12 seconds before I heard Bill Walton (who almost makes it worth watching) say "Diop makes Dallas fans forget about Shawn Bradley." I think if you quizzed Dallas fans eight seconds after Shawn Bradley retired, you would have an awareness level of about 2%. Then I turn on Martha Stewart Apprentice for 12 seconds before I wanted to hang myself. Fortunately, I then found South Park, in which the words "I always knew Cartman's mom was a slut" were uttered in the first 12 secnods after I tuned in. Needless to say, I watched the end of the episode....

5 Comments:

At 11:10 AM, Blogger Dils said...

Remember he has never had receivers that could get open. He was pretty accurate last year when he finally got a good receiver, as evidenced by 64% completions, 31 TDs, 8 INTs, and over 8.25 yds/attempt. I am not saying he is as accurate as Brady (he isn't), but I am just saying a lot of the blame shuold go on his receivers.

 
At 1:18 PM, Blogger Dils said...

Steelerfan:
Don't speak too son, Aaron Brooks got benched this week. I will have more to say on this topic later today or tomorrow in a separate entry

 
At 1:44 PM, Blogger Ted Price said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 1:47 PM, Blogger Ted Price said...

Let the Todd Bauman era begin in New Or... Baton Ro.... San An... wherever he may reign!

 
At 3:27 PM, Blogger Stitz said...

is the new term for a black QB who will not scramble an "Uncle Don?"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home