Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Wednesday Ramblings: Mike Davis, John Chaney, Lisa Loeb and NCAA Conspiracy Theorists

Before I get into my own ramblings, if any of you a) think the NCAA selection committe did a horrid job and/or is corrupt or b) enjoy the readings of Al Featherston, who is an excellent writer, check out this link, in which Featherston lambastes the committee for what he calls a corrupt selection process: http://www.dukebasketballreport.com/main/index.cgi?7363. For what it is worth, I think the committee did a terrible job (as evidenced by my picks), I think Featherston makes good points regarding the corruption that exists, and I disagree with him over which teams most deserve inclusion (I agree on Cincy, but I favor some small confernce teams over the FSUs and Michigans of the world).

Now onto my own thoughts for today...

Things I was wondering while the shampoo girl was washing my hair:
  • Are Indiana fans secretly hoping they lose so they can end the Mike Davis era that much sooner?
  • If Davis were to take Indiana on a magical ride back to the Final Four, would IU pull an Auburn (like they did with Sonny Smith in the 80s) and bring Davis back after he was jettisoned?
  • Am I the only person in America that has watched the Lisa Loeb reality show more than once? It is like a bad car accident, a horrible tragedy but I just cannot look away.
  • Do you think Southern University's AD is happy that both his Men's and Women's teams made the NCAA tournament or bitter that they both have to play Duke?
  • Is there a better surprise in the world than when your two-year-old goes to sleep without a four hour fight?
  • Is the World Baseball Classic still going on? I know two things that have happened: first, the USA stole a game from Japan on a horrific call, and second, they have still managed to lose two games.
  • Is anybody happier about Drew Brees signing with the Saints than Matt Leinart? Anyone?
  • Is there a better invention than Netflix. I pay $18 a month, and have not returned a movie in over three months. And I tell everyone I know how great Netflix is. Why didn't I buy stock in this company at the IPO?
  • Does anybody realize that the NCAA Tournament started last night?
  • Why is it 40 degrees colder than yesterday?
  • Does anybody remember early this season when people speculated that Arizona, Kentucky, North Carolina and Kansas would all miss the NCAA tournament?
  • Have you ever seen a #1 seed (Memphis) only giving 13 points to a #16 seed (Oral Roberts)? I have also never seen a #1 seed get less respect. Have you heard a single person predict Memphis will get to the Final Four?
  • Could Kansas get knocked off in a huge upset for the second straight year? Young team, tons of buzz, playing a team that is peaking with their best player. Don't bet against it.
  • How is a #5 seed that just beat Uconn, Cincinnati, Georgetown and Pitt in four days only giving 1 point to a #12 seed? Because Texas A&M will beat Syracuse.
  • Does anybody outside of Philadelphia understand that John Chaney, despite his sometime odd behavior and poor decisions, did more for Philadelphia basketball and his own players that almost anyone in the game? Or he will he just be remembered as the guy who screamed "Those refs did a hell of a job for you tonight. I'll Kill Ya, I'll kill ya" to Umass coach John Calipari? (Does anyone have access to a sound clip of that moment?
  • If the NBA ceased to exist, would anybody notice or care?
  • Who is less popular: Kobe Bryant or George W. Bush?
  • Why is it taking this girl so long to wash my hair?
  • Is it Thursday yet? I am ready for tip off.

1 Comments:

At 3:29 PM, Blogger Ted Price said...

The only reason I watched the Lisa Loeb reality show is because that video of her walking around in a thong was all over the Internet for a few days. I find it funny that the former almost Mrs. Dweezel Zappa is taking dating advice from Illeana Douglas?

Almost as good as me finding out last night that before she was the homemaker queen, Martha Stewart was a stockbroker! How's THAT for irony?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home