Saturday, December 16, 2006

Win or Die Week 15 Picks

Here are the picks for this week. Good luck to those remaining.

Akshon Barclay Baltimore
Andy Smukler Baltimore
Brian Getson Baltimore
John Abshear New Orleans
Mike Hickey Baltimore
Nomanerz x-Seattle
Ron P x-Seattle
Ryan Kohrig x-Seattle

If New Orleans wins and Batimore loses, the pool is over with Abshear winning.
If both win, 5 will advance to next week.
If Baltimore wins and New Orleans loses, 4 advance to next week.
If New Orleans and Baltimore both lose, the pool is technically over and split 8 ways. However, if some or all want to continue, they could choose to do that (if all 8 chose to continue, it would be as if this week never happened. If anyone wanted to cash out, they could for 1/8 of the pot and the people that wanted to continue would do so for the remaining money.)

3 Comments:

At 10:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dils,

With all due respect, the fact that you are taking a cut out of your college bowl pool is horse sh*t. I understand that you need to spend some man hours on grading the pools (though entering them in Excel and throwing in a formula or two would make it go pretty quick) but you should be leaving the option to tip the administrator up to the winner.

I think all winners should be tipping any pool administrator who isn't just setting up a website but that's no reason why you should be taking 10% of the top. As a result, I'll be boycotting your bowl pool and running my own...hopefully you change this strategy for your march madness survivor pool.

 
At 11:11 AM, Blogger Dils said...

Who are you? And where is your bowl pool? I may do it.

As far as the gifting goes, a couple points:

* There is a lot of work that goes into the bowl pool. The gift is earned, trust me (I recognize that a lot of that work is my fault for not going online with the pool this year, but I figured that out too late, it will be online next year).
* There have been a couple occasions in past two years where my gift was substantially smaller than what I thought was fair. In order to eliminate that and and bad feelings on either end that go along with it, I was urged by several people to identify it upfront.

I am sorry if you feel that you have to boycott, but, again, I would prefer that instead of bad feelings on one or both of our parts.

And I am serious, I do hope you will send me your bowl pool. If I win, I may even tip you.

If you want to discuss in more detail, just drop me an email and I am happy to do that...

Dils

 
At 11:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go Pat! Nice tribute, Bonie. Nice to feel all warm and fuzzy on the cusp of the Holidays . . . J.B.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home